Applications Time2022-10-21 - 2022-11-05
About the position
ORGANISATIONAL DESCRIPTION AND BACKGROUND
Lancet Laboratories Uganda limited is the leading provider of private diagnostic pathology services in Uganda. Incorporated and registered in Uganda since April 2009 and part of Lancet group of Laboratories in East Africa under Pathologist Lancet Kenya (PLK ) based in Nairobi, Kenya under the Cerba Lancet Africa group of Laboratories in Africa with headquarters in South Africa .
Lancet Laboratories Uganda ltd has over 20 laboratories located in different towns in Uganda with two laboratories recommended for continuous ISO 15189 accreditation by SANAS and four by KENAS. This makes Lancet Uganda the leading pathology diagnostic company in Uganda with six accredited labs.
- Accountable for delivering a completed set of financial accounts to the business by ensuring that income statements and balance sheet is accurate and reflects the current financial status of the organization
- Achieving financial results according to budget i.e profit & loss
- Checking and authorizing all payments treat goes through the system and ensuring system and process integrity to ensure correct payments are made
- Ensuring and checking control accounts are balanced
- Responsible for the fixed asset register upkeep to ensure correct capturing and records
- Building a GL recon file check all recons and sign off to ensure financial integrity
- Maintaining the GL system, and together with Group CFO, decide on closing days, month end, cost account codes to be opened, cost centers and IDs to meet organizational demands
- Prepare financial report in order to monitor work and performance status as well as determine expenditure trends of the organization and provide Input into strategic planning of the organization.
- Implement credit control policy and coordinate and facilitate debt collection
- Assist Chief Finance Officer with regards to annual planning processes for budgets, staffing and operational matters in support of the achievement of organizational strategy and objectives. Coordinates financial policy, monitors the monthly reports and ensures that they are submitted and also ensures the management rules in force within the Group are applied with the Financial Department
- Maintains an accurate filing and record keeping system for all financial statements and company documents
- Prepares financial forecasts.
- Monitors financial details to ensure legal compliance.
- Analyzes revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets.
- Contributes as a member of senior management team in a region to annual planning processes for budgets, marketing, staffing and operational matters
- Participates in the execution of changes to procedures, policies, and systems to facilitate expansion, compliance, and scaling of the business
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organizational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards and monitors compliance of own employees in this regard
- Attends in-service training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities including the following, conflict resolution, (IR matters), encourage team development through leadership, motivation, lead by example, involved in the disciplinary, processes, monitoring of time and attendance and evaluation of employee performance on work methods according to company policy and procedure.
- Performs investigations into and resolution of customer complaints to ensure a positive image of the organization by clients and patients and to promote the services of Lancet laboratories.
- Attending and Reporting of all Department matters in Management meeting.
- Manage ISO process for the finance department and administration for all staff in the department
- Manage a staff compliment to ensure optimization of resources and productivity
- Provides day to day direction and management of finance and accounts department and support functions to fulfil organization objectives, achieving specific goals maximization of profit and efficiency.
- Oversees Administrative function of the company.
- Oversees and conduct teaching, coaching, mentoring, and training and motivates of Admin personnel, interns and students in administration techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by Manager and deemed competent.
- Any other duty that may be assigned to the manager
- Relevant degree in Business Administration (finance or a related field). Certification in any of the following ACCA/CIMA/CPA (Requirement)
- Minimum of 5 Years Relevant Working Experience in Similar Role
- Relevant management studies is an added advantage.
Competencies required for the Job
- Absolute accuracy and attention to detail
- Numeracy skill and an enquiring mind
- Knowledge of laboratory information system
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to Travel Extensively
- Ability to use own initiative and work in a pressured environment
- Accuracy and Analytical skill
- Attention To Detail
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation
- Decision making
- Drive (includes energy and stamina) linked to achievement motivation
- Ethical behaviour
- Management skill
- Networking/ Liaising skills
- Organisational awareness
- Planning and organising
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- Ability to use own initiatives and work independently self – management skill (linked to reliability and time management)
Interested applicants should submit their Application, CV, certified ID copy, qualifications.
To: Human Resource Manager, Lancet Laboratories Uganda Limited, Pox 36335, Kampala. Or Hand deliver Lancet Head Quarters, North Park Plaza, Bweyogerere, Opposite Uganda National Bureau of Standard (UNBS). Or Email: email@example.com Short listed candidates will be required to undergo background checks and assessments.
Closing date: 05th November 2022